> We have an extraordinary team of highly trained specialists
> Our implant specialists use only the highest quality implant components from these leading companies: Nobel Biocare, BioHorizons, LifeCore/Keystone, and Straumann
> Our dentists are graduates from the prestigious Harvard University, Cornell University and Tufts University
> We have been recipients of elite academic and professional awards
DENTAL IMPLANT PLACEMENT and RESTORATION
Our dentists at Park Avenue Dental Center will direct superb placement of implants utilizing Galileos Cone Beam Imaging and will design the most life-like and best-fitting crowns using CEREC® Technology to ensure the Optimum Results in Dental Implant Placement and Restoration.
Galileos cone beam technology, an advanced type of digital radiography provides our dentists with a 3-dimensional digital image of your entire mouth, even areas that are not commonly visible to the human eye like the structures beneath your teeth and gums. The model even includes teeth roots and internal canals.
Cone-Beam Computer Tomography scans take only seconds, limiting your exposure to radiation. There is no doubt that this technology is a great improvement over standard x-rays.
The tools available with this technology enable us reduce the risk of treatments as well as plan surgical care with more accuracy. Along with CEREC, the implant placement is guided by the optimal placement of final restoration. The final restoration is designed on CEREC, which is then imported into Galileos software. Here this information is used to plan precise placement of implants. These scans are also used to fabricate surgical guides that reduce surgery time and are very accurate.
THE ADVANTAGES OF GALILEOS CONE BEAM IMAGING
The Cone Beam 3D CT Scan offers the highest level of surgical predictability, resulting in successful surgical outcomes for patients. With lower patient cost than a medical CT and over ten times less radiation compared to a medical CT. A quick and easy 20-second scan produces the most anatomically accurate 3-D images of the mouth, face, and jaw.
The in house Cone Beam 3D CT Scan helps patients avoid hospital visits and multiple appointments, increases comfort level, and reduces surgery time. Within minutes of the Cone Beam 3D CT Scan, dentists are able to offer patients an immediate virtual diagnosis and treatment plan-all in one visit, and the 3-D data can easily be shared with a patient’s periodontist, oral surgeon, orthodontists, or medical practitioner using free Software.
REASoNS TO CONSIDER DENTAL IMPLANTS
1. Without root structure of a natural tooth the jawbone can shrink making your face look older.
2. There are no loose parts. An implant is stable and comfortable.
3. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
4. Dental Implants LOOK and FEEL like natural teeth.
5. Dental implants help you eat, chew, smile, talk and look completely natural.
6. Imparts contribute to your social, psychological and physical well-being.
When both the tooth and root are damaged, the best permanent replacement is a dental implant in conjunction with a ceramic crown.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw secured in the jawbone that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. The titanium’s special property of fusing to bone allows the dental implant to stabilize the bone preventing bone loss and maintaining its shape and density
The implant serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth or teeth (single crowns, bridges or dentures)
Dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw. They can be placed in either the upper or lower jaw.
Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth.
Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
Many people who consider implants have removable, conventional dentures for lower and upper jaws, or have removable bridges. These people experience a significant improvement in their ability to chew food comfortably after their dental implant treatment.
THE DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
The implant team usually includes either a periodontist or an oral and maxillofacial surgeon who surgically places the implant, and a prosthodontist or general dentist who designs and fits the replacement teeth or permanent bridge. At Park Avenue Dental Center our periodontist will perform the implant and our dental team will design and fit the replacement teeth or do restorative work on faulty crowns all in one office.
1. At the first appointment, we use an X-ray to determine if the jaw bone is adequate to hold the titanium posts.
2. Models of the mouth are often made using a soft, pliable plastic compound. These models show where the gaps are located and provide measurements for a replacement tooth or a bridge.
3. Treatment with dental implants requires meticulous planning for best results.
4. A surgical procedure is required (using local anesthetic and sedative) in which precision channels are created in the jawbone, often using a surgical guide. The implants are then fitted into the sites so that they are in contact with the bone. They generally require two to six months to fuse to the bone before they can have tooth restorations attached to them to complete the process.
5. Immediately—at the same time an implant is placed (or after a period of healing), an abutment is attached to the implant. This is a device that “abuts” or joins the implant to a tooth form called a crown, which replaces the tooth part you see in the mouth.
6. The custom crown is cemented or screwed onto the abutment to permanently keep it in place and should be indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
IS OLD AGE A PROBLEMN?
Occasionally, older patients express concern that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits of dental implants. However, health is more of a determining factor than age. If you’re healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you’re probably healthy enough to receive dental implants. Certain chronic diseases may contraindicate dental implant treatment. The dentist will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental and health history.
HOW WILL DENTAL IMPLANTS AFFECT MY LIFE?
Dental implant-supported replacement teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you choose. But most importantly, dental implants improve quality of life in a very concrete way. People who have felt embarrassed and worried because of their tooth problems are often overwhelmed by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-esteem.
456 PARK AVENUE, WORCESTER, MA 01610nnn508.755.1444nnn eMail: smile@ParkAvenueDentalCenter.com
Cosmetic Dentistrynn|nnTeeth Whiteningnn|nnBondingnn|nnCrowns & Bridgesnn|nnDenturesnn|nnEndontics-Root Canal Therapynn|nnGeneral Dentistrynn|nnDental Cleaning
mmmmmmnmmmn© Park Avenue Dental Center 2016mmmmmmnmmmm
You’ve lost a tooth, or perhaps several. Chewing is difficult and smiling, well it’s too embarrassing. There is no question that the quality of your life has changed. Dental implants are the solution to renewing your smile, your chewing ability and quite frankly your quality of life